Data Science Engineer - Internship
Streamroot: building the video delivery of tomorrow
At Streamroot, we’re working to overcome one of the biggest challenges facing the internet today: the explosion of video traffic. Our goal is to redesign the way we deliver video online, to create more robust, cost-effective infrastructures, and to touch millions of internet users by bringing quality video to every corner of the world.
With a hybrid peer-to-peer solution to video streaming, Streamroot helps online video platforms improve quality of service, scale to growing audiences and cut their bandwidth costs by up to 70%.
We are market leaders in both Europe and the US. Founded in 2013 by three engineers from Ecole Centrale Paris, Streamroot grew from 3 to 25+ employees last year and now has offices in Paris and New York. We took part in some of the best startup accelerators in the world (Techstars, Numa) and now count Dailymotion, Eurosport and other streaming giants among our customers.
As a member of our Data Science Task Force, you will help us understand the huge amounts of data we have from video viewers all over the world. You will transform our data into comprehensive representations to provide our team with insights into our product and actionable feedback on how to increase its performance.
Our development environment fosters initiative, collaboration and accountability. You will have the chance to make a difference across our team: from the core peer-to-peer development, the backend supporting it and the customer-facing sales and support teams.
You will take the lead in discussions about improving our algorithms and which metrics should be used to measure gains. You will give visibility to the team by providing reports about each new improvement pushed to production and may even have the opportunity to implement these improvements into our core code!
And last but not least, you’ll enjoy frequent trips and team events (and the special Streamroot happy hour at the bar next door!).
This internship is a great stepping-stone for those interested in a career in data science, and to a full-time position in our team.
- Work with our Data Science Team to leverage the data we extract from the 20 millions daily sessions using Streamroot technology.
- Complete our datasets with new metrics, new dimensions and build tools to analyse those datasets.
- Understand the inner workings of our core P2P product, and devise new ways of measuring and improving the performance of our algorithms.
- Design reports to provide actionable feedback on our product.
- Hands on. Fast learner. Passionate. Independent. Persistent. Seeking constant self-improvement.
- Great attention to detail and ability to summarize data in a concise and analytical way.
- Strong foundations in mathematics and statistics. Experience in data-mining is a plus.
- Experience with R or Matlab is a plus.
- Fluent in English.
Starting ASAP, for at least 5 months
Possible shift to a full-time contract.
Free coffee and fruits everyday !